Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Film Experiment


I’m trying something new.  Movies have always made me seriously emotional.  I cannot help but become SO frightened at key situations, crying uncontrollably at exactly the moments when skilled directors would have me bawling.  Growing up in a world where boys don’t cry, and in a family that did NOT show their emotions publicly, I came to detest watching movies.  I was always so embarrassed.  
As part of a process to tackle this fear and learn to deal with the emotional swings, I am trying to watch one movie a week. I’ll start slow, things I’ve seen before, popcorn romps like Sherlock Holmes.  But I hope to expand and let myself try “feeling” again. I’ll post movie reviews along with the feeling swings as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment